Deulti in Howrah
Those who want to take a break from the daily hustle and bustle of the city life can plan a trip to Deulti which is a small village situated in the Howrah district. This serene village is located at a distance of approximately 6 Km towards western region of Bagnan, Howrah. This perfect vacation spot is nestled on the bank of Roopnarayan River.
One can enhance the knowledge regarding Deulti by interacting with the locals. The nature walks are quite enjoyable especially along the clay paths of this beautiful village. The view of the Roopnarayan River is a visual retreat for the tourists.
The Main Attractions of Deulti
- “Samtaber”- It is a village located nearby Deulti which is famous for being the hometown of the well-known Bengali author “Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay”.
- The chirps of various kinds of birds from the back of the flora offer immense pleasure to the tourists.
- The temple of Madangopal and Radha- This temple is adorned with terracotta embellishment. This is also known as the 8-roofed temple or “Atchala”. It was built in 1651 AD by Mukundaprasad Roy Choudhury who was the “Zamindar” of the “Mangalhat Pragana”.
Nearby Places around Deulti
“Kolaghat” is a census town located at a distance of 4 Km from Deulti. It is nestled on the bank of river Rupnarayan. This place is mainly famous for Hilsa fish. Moreover, this riverbank is also a well-known picnic spot which is frequently jam-packed with people especially at the time of Christmas and New Year vacations. Apart from Kolaghat there are two other places which are located nearby Deulti- “Gadiara” and “Garchumuk”.
Best Time to Visit to Deulti
Throughout the year Deulti attracts a large number of visitors and charms them by its pleasing and quaint view. Winter season is the best time to visit this attractive village. In summers the place becomes extremely hot and hence is not recommended for the visitors. In monsoon time there is a high possibility for the Roopnarayan River to get flooded.
Reach Deulti from Howrah
The distance between Howrah to Deulti is approximately 51 Km and it takes around one hour to reach Deulti from Howrah. The best mode of transport is car. One can drive along the 2nd Hooghly Bridge and take the Kona highway route. Thereafter, one will get the NH 6, one should keep driving along it and once the Bagnan station road is visible, the destination is not very far. The village of Deulti is nearby the railway station of Deulti.
Accommodation at Deulti
There are various resorts and hotels in Deulti among which the “Nirala Resort” is worth mentioning.
This beautiful resort is located at Mellock in Deulti and offers the following facilities to the tourists:
- Located in close proximity to the Roopnarayan River
- The resort is also close to “Samtaber” which is the residence of Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay
- Huge lawn
- Swimming pool
- Banquet hall
- Scrumptious Bengali cuisines
- Marble fountain
- Birds’ nests
- Air conditioned conference halls
- Indoor as well as outdoor games
- Swings and merry go rounds for kids
The serene atmosphere of Nirala resort amid the lush green environs makes the resort stand out from others. Here one can take pleasure in the charming seasonal flowers and chirps of the eye-catching birds.
Address: Nirala, Mellock (DeultiI)
Howrah, Pin code-711303
Phone number: 032-1427 5043
Mobile number: 9831620901
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0